LLST offers regular open-access deliveries of our humanitarian training course, built around “The Day My Life Froze”, our simulation on urban-based protracted refugee crises from middle-income countries.
This course is assembled in modules which can be offered in two-day stand alone courses. The next two-day delivery will take place in July 2019.
The full five-day course prepares prospective and current humanitarian workers to perform modern, critical humanitarian work, by:
- providing a comprehensive overview of the legal framework governing refugees and IDPs
- introducing participants to critical theoretical approaches to refugee response
- reviewing SPHERE standards and the SDGs
- exploring the political and social motivations of a range of stakeholders, including refugees, host populations, local governments, donors, and various INGO and UN bodies
- developing hard skills in Project Cycle Management and Monitoring and Evaluation
- critically engaging with humanitarian assumptions, practices, and norms, including big data, siloing, isolationism, and encampment
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.